Monday, May 14, 2012

Wishful Thinking

With the current school year winding down, I have been musing my daughters progress through the year.  One is finishing their Senior Kindergarten year and the other, her Junior Kindergarten year.

During the 2010-2011 school year my eldest daughter rode a bus to school and evidently enjoyed it very much.  This year, as we have moved to a different town, both girls now walk to school.

Over the past year, when my older daughter has had a tiring day and we are walking home from school, she will ask why she can't take the bus to her new school.  I  always try to explain the logistics of our living in town and therefore are in the walk area for the school, while almost all of her friends live outside the town and get to ride the school bus.

Her only comfort right now, is that when she goes to High School, she will get to ride the bus to school.  Meanwhile ... I'm secretly wondering when she'll start asking for a car once she enters High School.

The joys of parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment